Gym Shorts: The Squat
New to squatting? Learn correct squat form in one short video.
How To Squat
Gym Shorts videos provide short video demonstrations of correct form for various exercises.
Follow these tips & cues:
- Grip: thumbs on top, wrists straight, hands outside shoulders
- Bar placement: across rear deltoids, not on top of traps or on neck
- Gaze: 4-6 feet forward and down
- Big breath: hold your air during the rep
- Descent: bend over, hips back, knees out
- Ascent: knees still, hips straight up
- Balance: keep on midfoot