By: Karl Schudt, SSC
Everyone likes cereal. Or at least they should. Make your cereal count by taking the opportunity to add protein!
Ready in 5 minutes
Serves 1 person
Macros: Protein 54g, Fat 2g, Carbs 85g, Fiber 14g (adjust as necessary for different cereal)
- 250g skim milk
- 2 scoops vanilla whey isolate
- 100g Raisin Bran (or cereal of choice)
- Pour milk into bowl. I use skim milk, because I don’t want to drink my fat.
- Mix in whey. I prefer isolate because it dissolves better. It also has almost no fat, and if you are trying to keep your fat low, every little bit helps.
- Pour in the Raisin Bran or cereal of choice. I’m not very good with fiber, or eating vegetables in general, but I think I’m doing pretty well if I pick a high fiber cereal. It keeps everything working like clockwork.
This is my usual way of consuming whey. It’s much better than chugging a mixer bottle full of the stuff. I have not tried it without milk, although I suppose you could do it. Vanilla is the best flavor. Trust me.
Sometimes I pick a vanilla almond crunch cereal. This makes it at least twice as good.