ONLINE COACHING FOR THE MILITARY
Enroll in our Military Case Study for Full Coaching Membership at a Discounted Price.
Online Strength Coaching with an expert coach is the best way for members of the military to improve their fitness, prevent injury, and meet and exceed their Service’s fitness standards. Help us prove it to the Department of Defense.
For a limited time, we are seeking military service members for a barbell-based strength and conditioning case study. You get full access to our Professional Coaching service at a significantly discounted rate for six months. That’s 1-on-1 coaching, a custom-built workout program, and accountability from a dedicated expert strength coach.
$225/month $125/month for six months*
Please register using your military issued email account to verify you qualify for this offer. Space is limited to 50 spots and will close on July 31st.
*Open only to new Barbell Logic clients currently serving in any Service, branch, or component of the Armed Forces. This study requires high compliance, but not a six-month commitment. Cancel anytime. The discounted rate will not continue after the six-month period.
You will work with an expert strength coach who has served in the military and specializes in working with people like you.
Professional Coaching includes:
- Instruction on every lift and every workout within 24-hours from your dedicated coach
- Individualized programming
- Direct communication with your expert strength coach and a support staff dedicated to your success
- A private online lifting community through Discord
HOW ONLINE COACHING WORKS
Your journey to increased strength and conditioning starts here.
Whether you need to prepare for your fitness assessment, improve your body composition, or stay fit during a deployment, now is the time to get Professional Coaching. You’ll be matched with an expert strength coach who will build a custom program based on your goals and offer you the accountability you need to see those goals become a reality.
Our goal is to provide the best possible experience to you and data to the Department of Defense.
- Be currently serving in any Active, Guard, or Reserve component.
- Not be on a profile or other waiver for your Service’s fitness test.
- Maintain at least 90% compliance with prescribed workouts. Your expert coach will work with you to account for Unit PT, field exercises, deployments, etc.
- Complete a proctored fitness test according to your Service’s standards at the beginning and again at the end of the six-month period.
You must have ready access to:
- A barbell that weighs 45 lb./20 kg
- Females and those aged 50+ should also have a 15 lb./7 kg technique bar
- Enough weight plates in different sizes to allow for increases as small as 2.5 lb./1 kg
- Males: 450 lb./200 kg minimum total
- Females: 250 lb./120 kg minimum total
- A rack—commonly known as a power rack, squat rack, or sometimes a power cage
- A flat or adjustable bench
- A platform
- Flat measured surface for running (any distance)
- Equipment for your Service’s test (e.g., pull-up bar, trap bar, medicine ball, etc.)
- Weight scale
- Tape measure
- Weightlifting shoes
- Weightlifting belt
- Weightlifting chalk
- Pair of 1.25 lb./0.5 kg plates
We provide individualized strength and nutrition programming and interaction through our online platform, accessed by phone or computer. You’ll receive feedback on each workout and nutrition check-in from your coach within 24 hours. You can also take advantage of our private Discord community to ask questions, discuss training, and receive encouragement and support from other BLOC clients and coaches.
Communication is handled directly through our online platform. Coaches may also schedule video conference calls every couple of months to cover any “in-person” questions such as goals and programming.
Absolutely. As long as you have access to the necessary equipment, you’ll do just fine with BLOC. Our coaches are patient and won’t put a heavy barbell on your back on day one. We’ll help you to progress at your own pace.
Yes. Difficult work schedules should not prevent you from making significant progress.
It is usually possible to continue barbell strength training through minor injuries and illnesses. For more severe injuries or illnesses, we will encourage you to seek medical advice to rule out any contraindications to barbell strength training.
You may elect to discontinue participation at any point during the case study. If you discontinue within the first 10 days, you will be issued a full refund. After the first 10 days, we will cancel your account after the current billing period.
All coaching will end after your six-month period. We will publish a report analyzing the study’s success, taking care to keep your data completely private. If you wish to continue as a Barbell Logic client, please contact Colin Slade.
Requests for extensions or expansions of the case study will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Contact Colin Slade for additional details.
THE BARBELL LOGIC PROMISE
With online coaching from Barbell Logic, you’ll receive:
CUSTOMIZED STRENGTH PROGRAMMING
You deserve a pathway to strength and conditioning as unique as you are. From your medical history and lifestyle to your work schedule and personal goals, your program is custom-built for maximized results.
Our app makes it easy to submit your lifts from wherever you are and on your schedule. You’ll receive rapid, in-depth instruction from your personal Barbell Logic coach on every lift and every workout.
From the day-to-day interactions with your personal coach to connecting with fellow BLOC clients in our online community, your commitment to getting strong will grow your health and build relationships that last.